If you wish to attend, please submit your details below.
“The impact of Nord Stream 2 on European energy security”
Debate: November 28, 2017 - Renaissance Brussels Hotel, Rue du Parnasse 19, 1050 Brussels
Registration from 17:30, networking reception with food and drinks from 19:30
Please complete the form if you wish to attend.
Nord Stream 2 comes to town
Energy Post is glad to be able to offer you an opportunity not just to talk about Nord Stream 2, but to Nord Stream 2.
Paul Corcoran, Chief Financial Officer of Nord Stream 2, will come to Brussels on 28 November for an open exchange about the merits of this hotly debated pipeline project.
He will speak at a panel debate (see full panel below), hosted by Energy Post, on “the impact of Nord Stream 2 on European energy security”.
The timing for our debate could not be better. The European Commission last week, on 8 November, announced a proposal to extend the EU Gas Directive to so-called “import pipelines”, including Nord Stream 2. At the same time, the Commission is asking Member States for a mandate to negotiate an intergovernmental agreement with Russia on Nord Stream 2.
Although the Commission says these moves are “not aimed at preventing the construction of any new gas pipelines”, they would hardly have been made if Nord Stream 2 had not been in the pipeline …
- Michael Stoppard, Chief Strategist for Global Gas at the prestigious consultancy IHS Energy
- Frank Umbach, Research Director at EUCERS, King's College London, and Associate Senior Fellow at the Centre for European Security Strategies (CESS)
- Walter Boltz, internationally renowned advisor on European energy, former Vice-Chair of the ACER Board of Regulators, former VP Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER), and former head Austrian Regulatory Authority E-Control
- Paul Corcoran, Chief Financial Officer, Nord Stream 2
The debate will be moderated by Sonja van Renssen, our long-time EU correspondentand will centre on the following questions:
- How will Nord Stream 2 impact the aimed-for diversification of gas sources and gas supply routes in the EU?
- How will Nord Stream 2 impact gas prices in the EU?
- How dependent is the EU on gas and gas imports and does dependence on gas need to be reduced?
- What will be the impact of Nord Stream 2 on energy security in Ukraine and Central and Eastern Europe?
- How are EU relations with Russia evolving and how does Nord Stream 2 enter into this?
If you are in any way involved in the Nord Stream 2 debate, we hope to welcome you there. Note that entry is free but places are limited. Simply fill out the form above and we will confirm your registration by return.