Last month the Ukrainian government announced that it is conducting international hydrocarbon licencing rounds through concession auctions and PSA tenders.
- 30 onshore oil & gas blocks are being put up for sale via online auctions. The first round of 10 blocks, covering 1, 120 square miles in 6 regions, was announced last month and the auctions will take place on 6th March;
- Production Sharing Agreements for 12 onshore blocks, covering over 8,200 square miles, were approved and announced last month;
- In addition, international oil-field service companies are invited to cooperate with state-owned oil & gas companies under Production Enhancement Contracts to develop depleted mature brownfields and unconventional formations.
The Forum will provide an invaluable opportunity for present and potential strategic investors and service companies to hear first-hand about the licencing round and meet with key officials and executives involved in the process. They include:
- Oleh Kyryliuk, Acting Head of the State Geological Service, and Olga Bielkova, Deputy Head of the Fuel & Energy Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. They will be joined by other key officials including Yuliya Kovaliv, Head of the Office of the National Investment Council and Ivan Yuryk, Deputy Chairman of UkraineInvest;
- Oleg Prokhorenko, Chairman & CEO of UGV, the Naftogaz Group member with the largest reserve base in Central & Eastern Europe, who will outline the opportunities via PEC services contracts for production enhancement at its mature and depleted fields;
- Roman Opimakh, Executive Director of the Association of Gas Producers of Ukraine, will be joined by key strategic investors in the Ukrainian energy sector, including Alastair McBain, President of Arawak Energy, Victor Gladun, CEO of Poltava Petroleum Company, Yaroslav Klymovych, Chairman of NAK Nadra Ukrayny, and Michael Yurkovich, President of Refraction Asset Management;
- Renowned international upstream energy analysts and commentators will be providing their expert insight into the Ukrainian upstream sector. They include Jayesh Parmar, Managing Partner of Baringa Partners, Vitaliy Radchenko of CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang, Matthew Monteverde of Argus Media, Anna Galtsova of IHS Markit, Simon Pirani of the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies and Charles Hewlett of Lynx Information Systems.
For further details about how you can get involved, do contact the organiser, Stephen Butler, directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org