Hughes Belin, leading journalist at viEUws.eu, provides an overview of the European Union’s most pressing energy issues:
– The 2030 Climate & Energy Framework (emission reduction and renewables target)
– Postponed measures on energy efficiency
– Coming up: the European Council will discuss the Commission’s proposals on the 2030 Climate & Energy Framework on March 20 and 21
– Outcome of the reports on the drivers of energy costs and prices in Europe
– Coming up: study on subsidies to the European energy sector
Featuring statements by: the President of the European Commission José Manuel Barroso and European Commissioner for Energy Günther Oettinger.