In this Brussels Briefing on Environment by viEUws.eu leading environment journalist Sonja van Renssen provides an overview of the latest developments in the field of European environment policy.
Topics discussed include:
– CO2 emissions from trucks: first-ever European Commission strategy
– Circular economy & waste: Green Week (June 2-5) and upcoming policy package including on food
– June Environment Council: air quality and 2030 Climate & Energy Strategy (June 13)
– EU Summit: 2030 Climate & Energy Strategy and energy security of supply (June 26 – 27)
– Informal meeting of EU environment ministers in Athens (May 14)
– More efficient lorries: member states gearing up for clash with Parliament
– Expected return to indirect land-use change (ILUC)
Brussels Briefing on Environment: All you need to know for May & June 2014 appeared first on viEUws.