Sonja van Renssen, leading environment journalist at viEUws.eu, provides an overview of the latest developments in the field of European Environment Policy.
Topics discussed include:
– The 2030 Climate & Energy Framework (greenhouse gas emissions, renewables & energy efficiency)
– Green light for first reform to the EU Emission Trading Scheme (ETS)
– The proposal for market stability reserve
– Member states negotiating over how to include aviation in the EU ETS (trialogue talks begin Feb 18)
– EU Waste Framework Directive
– Revision of the waste shipment rules
Featuring statements by: Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action, and Peter Liese MEP (EPP), Rapporteur on Aviation in the EU ETS.