In this Brussels Briefing on Environment for viEUws.eu, Sonja van Renssen provides an overview of the latest EU environment policy developments.
- Ongoing: world governments meet for the latest round of UN climate talks in Bonn, to work on the negotiating text for COP21 in Paris (1-11 June, Bonn).
- EU ETS: a new survey by the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) shows that market players expect the EU carbon price to more than double in the next decade.
- The Commission’s circular economy consultation has been launched: respondents have until the 20th of August to answer.
- Greening transport: on the 18th of June, in the context of EU Sustainable Energy Week, the Commission will kick off debate on a 2030 climate and energy policy for transport.
- Also in June, an EU technical working group is due to decide on new air pollution rules for large combustion plants from 2020.
Brussels Briefing on Environment – All you need to know for June 2015 appeared first on viEUws.