In this Brussels Briefing on Environment for viEUws.eu, Sonja van Renssen provides an overview of the latest EU environment policy developments, including the EU ETS reform, the indirect land-use change deal and pollution from medium-sized combustion plants.
In this video, Sonja van Renssen discusses the following topics:
- EU ETS reform: Member States and Parliament agreed to bring forward the start date of a Market Stability Reserve to 1 January 2019. The Commission pledges to issue more proposals for ETS reform by the Summer.
- Parliament gave final approval to the Indirect Land-Use Change deal on 28 April; NGOs launched a fresh debate on bioenergy.
- Pollution from medium-sized combustion plants: Negotiations between Member States and the Parliament will begin after a vote in the Parliament’s environment (ENVI) Committee this week (Brussels, Wednesday 6 May).
- Birds and habitats directives: the Commission has launched a public consultation – open until 24 July 2015 – on the effectiveness, relevance and cost of EU nature protection laws.
- Circular economy: public consultation due in May, Commission announces.
Brussels Briefing on Environment – All you need to know for May 2015 appeared first on viEUws.