In this Brussels Briefing on Energy for viEUws.eu, journalist Hughes Belin provides an overview of the latest EU energy policy developments, including the competition investigation into capacity markets and the meeting of the G7 energy ministers in Hamburg. He also looks ahead to the agenda for June.
The following topics are discussed in this video:
- Internal energy market: Commission launched a state aid inquiry into Member States’ capacity mechanisms.
Climate Action and Energy Commissioner Cañete travelled to North Africa on 5-7 May to deepen energy and climate ties between the EU and the Mediterranean region:
- Cañete launched a EU-Algeria energy dialogue.
- In Morocco, he set in motion three Euro-Mediterranean Platforms to incentivise dialogue and boost investments.
Other recent important policy developments include:
- G7 energy ministers met in Hamburg to discuss ways to boost sustainable energy security.
- On 20 May, Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič started a European Energy Union Tour.
On the agenda for June:
- 28th meeting of European Electricity Regulatory Forum (4-5 June, Florence);
- Energy Council (8 June);
- EU Sustainable Energy Week (15-19 June);
- Launch of the Commission consultation on a new electricity market design (8 July).
Brussels Briefing on Energy – All you need to know for May & June 2015 appeared first on viEUws.