In this Brussels Briefing on Energy for viEUws.eu, journalist Hughes Belin provides an overview of the latest EU energy policy developments, including the latest progress report from the Commission on renewable energy in EUrope and news on European energy security strategy.
- Energy Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete presented a report showing that the EU is on track to meet its target of 20% renewable energy by 2020.
- Energy security strategy: MEPs failed to agree on a common position. The Energy Council held a debate on the subject.
- European energy Ministers signed three political declarations on regional energy cooperation in the margin of the Energy Council.
- Hungary and Ukraine signed a gas interconnection agreement which legally frames reverse gas flows from West to East.
- Russia and Ukraine, meanwhile, are poised to meet with EU Commission to negotiate a deal on a new interim agreement on gas supplies.
- On 15 July, the Commission will launch a consultation on how to reshuffle the EU electricity market.
Brussels Briefing on Energy – All you need to know for June 2015 appeared first on viEUws.