At Energy Post we collect different types of information about our users for 3 main reasons:
1. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
2. To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free for people who visit it.
3. If we have permission from the user, to market services to them.
There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide.
Please read these when you register or subscribe to further services on these sites.
We use Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads). We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features unless you consent to that merger. You can also opt out using the following Google tool: Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/). We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to facilitate this.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information during one task
- recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- measuring demographic information about people using our services, to help tailor our services for our audience
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them from AllAboutCookies.org.