For viEUws.eu leading energy journalist Hughes Belin provides an overview of the European Union’s most pressing energy issues:
– Juncker Commission: Miguel Arias Cañete’s portfolio for Climate Action and Energy has been secured, Energy Union is uncertain after Slovenia’s Alenka Bratušek resigned
– Green light for the Hinkley Point C nuclear project
– The European Commission published a study on the subsidies and costs of EU energy, and areport on Internal Energy Market progress
– Current Energy Commissioner Günther Oettinger will report on the energy security stress test and potential proposals to mitigate the risks of gas disruptions this winter on 16 October
– A deal on the 2030 climate and energy package is expected to be announced on 23 or 24 October
– Look ahead: Communication on nuclear risk insurance
Brussels Briefing on Energy: All you need to know for October 2014 appeared first on viEUws.