In this Brussels Briefing on Energy for viEUws.eu, leading journalist Hughes Belin provides an overview of the latest EU energy policy developments:
– Jean-Claude Juncker’s €315 billion investment plan
– Energy security:
- Cancellation of the South Stream project
- High level group to integrate Central and South-Eastern European gas markets
- “Vertical Corridor” will connect gas grids of Greece, Romania and Bulgaria
- Eastern Mediterranean gas hub
– Gas deal between Ukraine and Russia has delivered its first results
– Progress towards completing the internal energy market
– Energy ministers urge Commission to present its policy paper on the electricity and gas retail markets
Featuring statement by Kathleen van Brempt MEP, Vice-Chair of the S&D Group.
Brussels Briefing on Energy: All you need to know for December 2014 appeared first on viEUws.