In this Brussels Briefing on Environment for viEUws.eu, Sonja van Renssen provides an overview of the latest EU environment policy developments, including the current status of talks around the EU Emission Trading Scheme and biofuel regulations.
Here is the full list of subjects:
– Deal on phasing out single use plastic bags
– Commission’s better regulation agenda: it may yet axe proposals on waste and air quality (although European Environment Agency report reveals unhealthy pollution levels)
– UN climate talks in Lima: will start on 1 December in the wake of the US-China climate deal, with $9 billion of climate finance in place, and the latest 2014 UNEP gap report
– A deal on monitoring CO2 emissions from shipping
– Talks on a market stability reserve for the EU ETS
– Biofuels and ILUC, which are climbing back up the agenda
– ENVI Committee vote on oil sands
– EU rules on novel foods: nanomaterials in food and food from clones
– Environmental crime: new Eurojust report calls on member states to up their game
Featuring statement by Frans Timmermans, First Vice President in charge of Better Regulation.
Brussels Briefing on Environment – All you need to know for December 2014 appeared first on viEUws.