In this latest Brussels Briefing on Environment from viEUws.eu, leading environment journalist Sonja van Renssen provides an overview of the latest EU environment policy developments.
All you need to know about:
– The new Commission takes office on 3 November; 1st Vice President Timmermans will cover sustainable development
– EU leaders agreed on 2030 climate and energy targets
– Upcoming UN climate talks in Lima after talks in Bonn failed to deliver
– The future of the EU ETS, now that heads of state have endorsed a new “market stability reserve” Parliament will start working on the issue immediately
– During the Environment Council meeting on 28 October, Ministers expressed concerns about new recycling targets
What is coming up:
– CO2 emissions from shipping; plastic bags; transport; biofuels & indirect land-use change; fuel quality and biodiversity
Featuring statements by: Connie Hedegaard, outgoing Commissioner for Climate Action, and Janez Potočnik, outgoing Environment Commissioner.
Brussels Briefing on Environment – All you need to know for November 2014 appeared first on viEUws.