In this special briefing for viEUws.eu, energy journalist Hughes Belin picks out the top 5 energy issues that will be discussed by the European institutions under the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
- Energy union is among the top priorities of the Latvian EU Presidency, with a high level ministerial conference on 6 February in Riga
- The internal energy market has not met its 2014 deadline, however the European Commission is working hard to achieve it
- European energy security remains a top priority for EU leaders, the Commission is focusing on South-East Europe
- New governance structure that will underpin the indicative 2030 target for renewables will be discussed by EU Energy Ministers on 15 and 16 April
- International dimension: Latvia aims to explore modernisation of several multilateral cooperation fora and will hold an Eastern Partnership Summit on 21 & 22 May
Top 5 Energy – All you need to know for the Latvian EU Presidency appeared first on viEUws.